Squadron 87 is located in Fallbrook (San Diego County), CA and is a part of Group 8 (San Diego) in the California Wing which is part of the Pacific Region of the Civil Air Patrol. Group 8 comprises squadrons within San Diego and Imperial Counties (California).
Civil Air Patrol Squadrons consist of senior members 18 years of age and older and cadet members between 12 and 21 years. There are three types of Squadrons: Senior only, Cadet only, and Composite (consists of both senior and cadet members).
Squadron 87 is a Senior Squadron and currently has 37 members. Among the squadron membership are general aviation pilots, military pilots, and airline pilots - all of us retired with lots of sea stories. Even though all of our members are senior members (i.e., 18+ years of age), we support all three major Civil Air Patrol Programs: Emergency Services, Aerospace Education and Cadets.
- Aerospace Education provides information to the public and within our own ranks about all and any aviation subjects, history, and research.
- Emergency Services comprises our search missions and work with other government agencies. For this senior squadron, our cadet involvement primarily consists of orientation rides for the cadets - get them flying, hands on the controls, and encourage an interest in aviation.
- The Cadet Program is implemented by CAP cadet squadron who provide leadership training for cadets 11 to 18 years of age.
- Los Angeles Group (Group 1)
- Inland Empire Group (Group 3)
- South Coast Group (Group 7)
- San Diego Group (Group 8) (Note that Squadron 87 is part of the San Diego Group)
Anyone is welcome to attend our meetings. More information about our meetings can be found here.
And please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like more information by going here.